Well, as promised, here are some quilt related photos of what I have been doing.
A perfect day for sunprinting!! A week ago, today, we finally had a great day for sunprinting. I set up my tent in the front yard, and painted and printed as fast as I could. I ended up with 16 fat quarters of sunprints- a record! The most I usually get done on a good day is 12.
The flowers here are Nicotiana- pointy petals, wild daisies, Impatiens- lower left, and some Geranium florets, I pulled from the flower heads- they are the small, pointy flowers in upper left. The geranium is one with jagged edged florets. I think I used salt on most of my pieces- I love the efect- These are really calming to
The 2 pieces on the left were done with my favorite blue, green, and rose. The heart shaped leaves are from morning glories on my deck. They were a little tricky using more that once, but with care, I did it. More ferns, and jacob's ladder with daisies. I have also been playing with confetti I have been collecting- second bright piece has hearts and doves. The soft lavender pieces have a couple pressed hardy geranium flowers, and Violas, along with more geranium florets. The geraniums were a deep rose color, and some color was left behind in some places.
I upper left, I tried some plastic hearts with a filligree design cut out of them- in person, you can see the details better. I also used some buttercup, flowers from an Oxalis weed, and some Lobelia flowers- all fairly small, but fun. I don't see any good ones showing in the pics.
After the posts about geletin printing on the Quiltart list, I had to try it, and here is one of my first attempts. Below I have pics of what I did with these. I have 2 different quilts in the works.
I used a pale tealy dyed fabric to print- very different effect that sunprinting. These two were made from hte same painted gel with grasses and foamy sheet butterflies.
I backed each of these with Wonder Under, and removed the paper. I stacked them on each other, then cut the pieces in mavy lines. These were fused to battuing for the center panels of a couple quilts. You will have to wait a little before I post them- Still in the finishing stages. One will be a late entry for FFFC challenge, and the other will be in a grab bag challenge quilt, I like these better sliced and switched.
Another batch in different colors. Also a 5×7" mini in fallish colors.
These are a couple of my simple "matted" sunprints, the prints are bordered in ivory to lok like a matted botanical print. These are quilted and ready to go.
The largest piece in the softer, warmer tones. Sunprintd were appliqued over a fused crazy patch background, and accented and bound with couched black yarn with a bit of gold metallic in it.
I also spent time today finally planting more baby plants into my gardens and sprayed everything with "Liquid Fence" rabbit and deer repellant- the critters have been worse this year than in past- probably from dry weather.
I got some more flower pics that will come soon. I will also showing the process of the 2 geletin print pieces, after they are finished.