I finally got the photos to come out decent. It took a couple of tries- My hands aren't very steady, and first batch were a bit blurry. This group of little quilts were made using fabric that I printed with Cosmos flowers using black paint. The prints came out quite interesting. I also ended up with a couple surprise prints. I used small pieces of fabric over the flowers as I pressed them onto the fabric I was printing onto. That resulted in much softer prints after being used many times each, since not much paint ended up on the front side of the flowers.
"Black & White study #3" is the final one in this group. The white triangle sections were used as cover cloths while pressing the paint covered flowers onto the other white fabric for the prints. Each piece was used a number of times. The black thread was used again here, and I also added silver metallic around the leaves with a second round of stitching. The outer areas including the corners are quilted with the silver metallic thread. A flower was also stitched into the center fabric, the was accented with black paint. I also added silver metallic paint to the flower centers. this one is listed here on my Etsy Shop.
You can also see some detail shots of each of these at my Etsy Art Shop. Working with only black and white and gray fabrics has been more enjoyable than I expected it to be. These pieces are really eye grabbers even without the colors I love to work with so much.
The black oval piece in my first black & white post is starting to take shape. I have cut more of the gray leaves, and am thinking of dressing them up with some pearlescent medium. I will be doing more tomorrow, and post an update in a few days if all goes well.