Well, this week has been quite satisfying, in that I have finished 2 pieces, and have the biginning to another.
My "Puzzle" is finally done!! (if you don't count hanging sleeve and label). I spent much of the after noon, moving things arond in my studio so I could take pictures. Once I got the table moved out of the way of the design wall, I was blocked in. I had to completely block the doorway with the table, to get far enough away with the tripod. I little cramped, but I'm used to it I guess. The worst part is putting all the stuff that was piled on the floor, back where it was.
I told you I have finished 2 pieces, so first I am going to show you the smaller piece, and some of it in progress. It is
a piece for thr Fast Friday Fabric Challenge, we are given guidelines on the 4th Friday of the month, and are to finish a piece by the following Sat. at noon- 8 days. I usually am posting late, or at the deadline (late posters are not punished- it's a fun group). This week, the challenge was to use something you normally don't use, in any style piece you want. Due to some stone walls, windows, and now moss ideas floating around in my head, I decided to come up with a small piece using those things as a starting point toward a larger piece in the future. To see more of FFFC post here is a link. Wisteria Wall post on FFFC Blog The post includes more detailed info.
The finished product. Full shot on left, and detail on right. Finished size appx. 11"x14"
A purple blue batik was used for the flowers, and quilting was done in clear thread on the stone wall, and flowers, and variegated green for the tendrils, and quilting down leaves.
Okay, due to a critique of this, Wisteria Window has been modified. Someone in the FFFC said I should make the base of the vine bigger, like real, gnarled, old wisteria vines. Here it is- new and improved version. I added a fun brown yarn to the base an up a bit. I also extended the moss closer to the edges to look more natural. I like the change!
And now to the main event- It does'nt look too much different from the last posting, but I added a black yarn with multicolors through it, couched to the main seams bordering the center panel, and on the inside edge of the outer border, as well as adding another round of yarn to the outer edge, that helped to take out some ripples I had. It seems to be behaving well, by laying flat.
A couple of detail shots. I now have to give it a better, more appropriate name.